The COVID-19 pandemic has led to many homeowners and business owners wanting to learn as much as they can about disinfecting their properties. While hard surfaces, like tables, counters, and floors may seem easier to clean, soft surfaces made of fabric or carpeting seem a little more challenging. However, germs and viruses can live on soft surfaces just like they can live on hard surfaces, so it is essential not to neglect them during the cleaning process. To thoroughly decontaminate your property, you must find solutions that work for every surface in your home or business—no matter the size, material, or porosity. Keep reading to learn how to disinfect soft surfaces to prevent COVID-19.
What Are Soft Surfaces?
Soft surfaces differ from hard surfaces because they are porous, while hard surfaces are nonporous or a combination of nonporous and porous. A porous surface means the item has pores, which are tiny crevices or holes that allow air and liquid to penetrate it or flow through it.
Examples of soft surfaces in the home or business include:
- Throw pillows
Tips to Prevent COVID-19 Contamination of Soft Surfaces
According to the United States’ Centers for Disease Control, soft or porous surfaces require different cleaning processes than hard surfaces. So, here’s what the CDC recommends for disinfection of soft surfaces on your property:
- Clean the item with soap and water, or
- Use specialized disinfecting cleaners on the EPA List N: Disinfectants for Coronavirus, or
- Launder the items in the washing machine on the warmest setting
Even with these guidelines, it’s not always easy to clean soft surfaces property. At Pathogend, we take the hassle and guesswork out of decontaminating all surfaces in your home or business with our hospital-grade, EPA-approved hydrogen peroxide solution.
Here’s how our solution works to kill COVID-19 on your soft surfaces:
- We use a state-of-the-art fogging machine to disperse the hydrogen peroxide vapor through the air, killing 99.999% of germs on every surface and in every crevice, even on soft surfaces.
- The solution is eco-friendly and safe to use around electronics; it does not leave a residue on surfaces.
- No space is too large, too small—we customize our disinfecting solutions to meet the needs of your property.
- We use pathogen surveillance technology and tracking to show you that our solutions work every time.
At Pathogend, our daily mission is to help you end the path to infection in your home or business.
Get Peace of Mind and 99.9999% Kill Rate of Germs with Pathogend
Is keeping your home or business safe from viruses and infection important to you? If so, you can count on our experts to disinfect soft surfaces to prevent COVID-19 and more. Learn more about our proven decontamination services and solutions by connecting with us online now.